Saturday, October 5, 2019

Polkadoodles "Merry & Bright"

How would you like to view a video on hair colored with Copics?  😀   I've created a video for you below and done a bit of a post on how I created this card so ENJOY!


Isn't this super duper cute?!!  I LOVE that I'm creating xmas cards IN SEPTEMBER!!  There was a time when companies didn't get their xmas stuff going until November.  Well by then, in order to get all your xmas cards out you'd have to copy just 1 design.  NO!  I CAN'T DO IT!!  Mine are all different - ya crazy I know!!!  LOL!!  So for this card I've combined papers from two amazing paper packs - "Gnome for Christmas" and "Gnome Season" available at your Polkadoodles stockists.  


Here are all my pieces cut and ready to be assembled.  For this kind of card, I felt like it was obvious that this would be an outdoor scene so I needed some trees and used the "Layering Trees" die set and cut from the same papers I used to layer my card.  It's nice to use design paper that adds some extra subtle depth to the card.  I didn't want your focus point to be on my trees instead of my image.


For one of my layers I'ved used Posydoodles Circles, one of my personal favorite PD dies.  Next it was time to assemble my layering and begin with my embellishements.  Normally I always add some kind of bouquet of flowers.  I mean c'mon, how can you not?  LOL!  😆


HERE SHE IS!!  This image is called "Merry & Bright" from the new Winnie Winter Wishes collection.  Have you seen the new images?  OMG SO CUTE!!  I've colored this whole image using my copics and even added some glitter to the snow.  I love that these papers have these blue colors in them because it gives me so much more to play with, color-wise, when I'm coloring and trying to embellish.


Aren't these reindeer cute?!  They're from a fun mix of laser cut paper embellishments along with some snowmen, christmas candies, winter trees, snowflakes, christmas baubles and more.  Check the stockist list on the website so you can find out where to get this super cute image and more!!!

Oooooo I almost forgot!!!  MY VIDEO
Check out this tutorial on coloring hair here:
https://youtu.be/ncWJ7hcItgU

Are you as excited about Christmas card making as I am?  They're my absolute favorite cards to make with Halloween being a close 2nd.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Eulanda

Copics:
W3, 5, 7, 9
R22, 24, 29, 59
E000, 00, 04, 11, 21, R20
YG03, 63, 67, G99
BG000, 01, 45, 57, 49
E31, 35, 57, 79
C00, 1, 3, 5
E50, 51, 53, 55
E41, 42, 43, 44, 47, 49

No comments: