Thursday, February 13, 2020

Polkadoodles Holly "Hello Pretty"

Remember these from waaaaaaaaaay back when?  Well I'm not quite old enough to have experienced them but I did know they existed.  Probably from the movies or something.  This svg file, by Lori Whitlock, came across my email a bit differently but it inspired me to create this version.  The original file just used plain paper but I thought I would spruce it up a bit and use some pretty pink from the Sweet Tweet paper pad.


I started out with the fence and decided it needed a wood grain look and here is how I did that.  Stencils can be really fussy I've noticed, so I used some washi tape to adhere it down.  It helped not move around so much.  YAY!!  


Here are all my pieces before assembly and as you can see I've distressed almost all edges using gathered twigs distress ink.  I printed and then cut my image using my Silhouette from the new Holly collection called "Hello Pretty".  Notice I didn't bother to color her below her skirt?  I started to and then realized you won't see her anyway and in fact, I ended up cutting off her legs.  GASP!!  IKR?!!  I almost got sick cutting into an image half colored.  🤣🤣🤣


I'm sharing this photo so you can see that you can lie it flat in case you'd like to mail it.  Bonus!!  I die cut some grass using a green colored sheet from the Bright & Beautiful 6 x 6 paper pad.  


I haven't done a little project for quite some time as it's been mostly cards so this was fun!!  I don't normally make Valentine's anything but I sure enjoy the chocolates!!!  🍫  What about you?  Do you make cards for Valentines?

Thanks for stopping by!!
Sending Valentine's hugs to everyone!  💗😍
Eulanda

No comments: