Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

I love you Mammacita!!!  

My sister and I gave that nic-name to my mom a few years back.  hee hee  I have no idea what that was all about but it stuck.  

So this is the mother's day card I've sent to my mom.  She just loves these Sugar Nellie images and I find they are so nice to color.  This one is called "Joy".  I used such gorgeous papers that I just didn't want to cover them up very much. (See details below)

Thanks to a friend, Tracy, last weekend at a crop I learned how to make these cute little stamens?  Is that what they are?  You just add Glossy Accents to a wire, (I cut the end of a flower and used the stem), roll it in Flower Soft and voila!!  I did it a few times to bulk it up a bit.  Easy!! 

I am entering this card into these 2 challenges:

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes (you all know these are my favorites!)

Top Tip Tuesday - Open Challenge

Happy Mother's day to all you mom's out there!  I hope you have a wonderful day and for my friends on the other side of the world I'm happy to hear some of you got to sleep in and have breakfast in bed!  BIG HUGS ALL O'ER THE WORLD!

Stamps: Sugar Nellie "Joy"
Paper: DCWV "The Mariposa Stack" bought at Chapters Bookstore
Embellishments: Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, hand made fabric flower, center from K&Company (thanks Carol!), misc ribbon, Recollections gold self-adhesive pearls, gold Stickles and Recollections Butterfly Vines
Punches: MS Lace border punch
Colored with Copics: Sorry I lost the paper I wrote them on

16 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Those are some gorgeous papers and you've colored Joy perfectly to match. Another fabulous creation! "Hugs" Carol

Sarah said...

OMG!! That image is colored so amazingly! She looks like you just glued a real freakin girl onto your card!! And those papers are really beautiful! Your mom will LOVE it! I do!! it's awesome!!

Cor* said...

OMGOSH this is so pretty! love your flower soft stamen. I like that word too "Stamen" heehee! Perfect gems and lovely colors! Happy Moms' Day to your mammacita!!

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so nice! And I love that idea for the stamens! I'm so trying that! I don't really use my flower soft right now so this is good. I'm always learning from you, you're so incredibly talented...thank gawd your mine...LMAO

Passionforstamping said...

Gorgeous card, Eulanda. Your Mom is gonna love it.

Christina C. said...

OMG, Eulanda, you blow me away with your magnificent works of art!!!!
What a GORGEOUS card...WOW!!!!!
lOVE the fabulous colors and this beauty if colored to perfection!
The fabulous details are a treat for the eyes...so much to see and admire!

Sheri said...

You mom is going to be amazed! I just know she will love it - I know I do! Great card and the stamens are beautiful and I even have the stuff! Thanks for the idea. Ummm I also love your blog header. I love birds and feed them all year round.

Judi said...

Hi Eulanda

I bet your Mum loved it! Love the stamens - I might just have to give them a try!

Hugs

Judi xx

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card Eulanda! Looks so marvelous!
Hugs Kristel

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!!

Bron said...

Oh hun this is gorgeous! Thanks for the tip on how to make the stamens, going to give it a try! I am sure your mum will love this card. Oh yeah the blog is looking very snazzy too! Hugs Bron xo

Donna C said...

Beautiful card Eulanda and I am sure your Mother is gushing all over it ! That paper is BEAUTIFUL too ...perfect for your stamens :-)

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the bright colors. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Anonymous said...

WOW your mom is a lucky lady!! That card is so pure! LOVE IT!! That image is beautiful! and your coloring is breath taking!!

Tanya S said...

Oh wow so stunning!I love the color combo and cute little stamens!Great job hun!

Gail said...

Oh wow, this is a gorgeous card. I love the vibrancy of it and your choice of embellishments is outstanding. Hugs, Gail